Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Home Made Hari Raya Cookies, Anyone?

Double Chocolate Cookies

Serunding Mini Popia

Honey Cornflakes Cup

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Chocolate Almond Cookies

"Semprit" Thousand Thousand

My favourite Jam Tart


My friend was asking me whether I will be baking cookies this Hari Raya, Malay term for festive season Eid Ul-Fitr. I said, "Definetly, I would". I find baking cookies therapeutic.... the feelings are indescribable. Since time is an essence to me as a busy mum, I baked cookies during weekends. My kids and I did the ingredients look out the week earlier. I made some modification to the recipes with each cookie type, I made three equal portions for my family, my mum's and mum-in-law's. Earlier years I felt turned down when the cookies I bought regardless of its good looks, taste rancid and spoilt. Raison d'etre ..... I bake my own cookies. Put aside the presentation, my kids said it taste yummy. Hopefully, the limited edition will still be around during Hari Raya. Over years I have been experimenting to get the right taste and texture. My kids little hands are handy except for few accidents such as cookies turn topsy turvy while cooling off. Helping out mum baking since I was small, helps a great deal. So kids, don't worry about the mess ... the experience that counts. Love to see their joy while mixing the ingredients. Besides, feel great that the kitchen smells like bakery. To all my relatives and Muslim friends "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri & maaf zahir batin".

4 comments:

In This Skin said...

I miss baking cookies for eid. I didn't get to bake cookies this year and last year. Seeing that u baked cookies for Eid makes me realize that I am actually missing the fun part of Ramadhan which is preparing for the big celebration at the end of it! hehe

p.s: I can smell the cookies baking in the oven and I'm salivating just thinking of it right now.
Selamat hari raya. Maaf zahir batin.

<3 Aza

Serenity said...

Aza, baking your own cookies has this undescribable feelings. Imagine the feeling of a great achievement after u see your cookies lining in containers.

In This Skin said...

Azieda: Zue, mana recipe chocolate cookies tu? Post it on ur next blog. Step by step instructions. Aku ni blur bila masuk dapur. Baru baru ni tangan aku terbakar masa nak goreng frozen roti canai. Ishh...
Love u miss you

Unknown said...

Can't wait for this year's aidilfitri..
But i'm only have holiday until the 3rd day of raya.